Air quality simply refers to the quality of the air in our surroundings. While most of us are aware of outdoor pollution, many do not know that the air inside a home or building can be even more polluted than outside! This is due to a lack of ventilation, more contaminants confined in the area, and other factors.
Indoor air quality isn’t something most of us are regularly thinking about. This is because when air quality is high, there’s not much to worry about. When air quality is poor inside, though, you will notice the symptoms. These include but are not limited to:
- Skin irritation
- Allergy symptoms
- Asthma attacks
Airborne contaminants in the home such as mold, pet dander, bacteria, dust, and more need to be controlled for your comfort and health. Our indoor air quality products and services work to eliminate contaminants – this leads to a healthier, more comfortable indoor environment, and also works to protect the performance and longevity of your heating and cooling equipment.
Keep indoor air contamination to a minimum and improve air quality with the following services:
- Air duct replacement: Old, leaking ducts can allow contaminants from unconditioned areas into your duct system and ultimately into your living areas – not to mention the energy waste they cause by allowing conditioned air to escape before reaching your rooms! Air duct replacement eliminates these issues, keeping more contaminants out of your indoor air supply.
- Ultraviolet lights: Ultraviolet lights are a type of air purification system that uses ultraviolet energy to neutralize contaminants and prevent reoccurrence. They effectively kill mold, mildew, germs, bacteria, and viruses as air passes through your heating and cooling system. Using ultraviolet lights will also prevent the regrowth of mold and mildew in your heating and cooling system.
- Air cleaners and filtration: These advanced solutions offer a higher level of filtration efficiency versus standard, low-quality disposable furnace filters. A range of types and models are available that use different technology to remove airborne contaminants as air circulates through your HVAC system.
- Dehumidifiers: When humidity levels in the home exceed 50 percent relative humidity, moisture can cause big air quality issues, facilitating the growth of mold and mildew and increasing the concentration of contaminants such as allergens. Whole home dehumidifiers are a low maintenance solution that works with your heating and cooling equipment to remove excess moisture from the air inside.
- Attic insulation: By improving the insulation in your attic, you can prevent the infiltration of many contaminants into your home. Better insulation prevents the dust, dirt, and other particulates in unconditioned attics from entering your air supply.
All Service Heat and Air is here to help you improve indoor air quality for a more comfortable home. Contact us today and learn about indoor air quality services and products that can help you breathe easier indoors.