A blank thermostat is never a good sight. However, it can and does happen. So if your thermostat has gone blank, you may be wondering what you can do. Here are five reasons this may have occurred and the information you need to get back to living more comfortably in your home:
What are the Top 5 Reasons for a Blank Thermostat?
While there are many reasons why thermostats can go blank, some are more pressing than others. Here is what you’ll want to check:
- Circuit Breaker: In some homes, thermostats are on the same circuit as other energy-needy appliances, such as hairdryers. If your thermostat is blank, consider flipping the circuit breaker to see if it fixes the problem.
- Dead Batteries: Another common problem is a dead battery. Many homes have thermostats that operate on batteries that require yearly changing. If yours is battery powered, insert new batteries to see if this brings your thermostat back to life.
- Triggered Safety Switch: Safety switches can be triggered in hot or cold months, for a variety of reasons. If the air conditioner or thermostat is causing damage, a safety switch may turn off the thermostat to protect the home. If you see that the safety switch has been triggered, you should have your system immediately inspected by a certified HVAC technician.
- Wiring Concerns: Thermostats are highly electrical devices and loose wiring could be at fault for your thermostat going blank. In most cases, it is safest to trust electrical work to the professionals, who can determine the cause and create a safer solution for wiring your device.
- Old Thermostat: Even the best thermostats wear out over time. If you have had your thermostat for over 10 years and it has suddenly gone blank, it may be time for a replacement.
Can I Afford to Fix My Thermostat?
Due to the wide range of problems that could have caused a blank thermostat, our team calculates pricing for services on an individual basis. This allows us to ensure that you pay for only what you need to get your home back up and running. We also accept convenient financing, to help bring your home repair within financial reach.
A blank thermostat is not an issue you can afford to wait around on. So if you are concerned about why your thermostat may not be working, we are here to help. Our team has already assisted countless families in and around Plano, TX. Now, we are ready to do the same for you. Contact us today to schedule your appointment.