For expert HVAC service, you can count on All Service Heating and Air. We provide personalized, high-quality air conditioner replacement service to residents and businesses in Plano, Dallas, Leonard, Richardson, and the surrounding Texas areas.
As your air conditioning system ages, at some point it will make more financial sense to replace it than to keep pumping money into costly repairs.
At All Service Heating and Air, we can help you decide when you should replace your unit; we’ll also work with you to select the best system for your needs and budget.
All Service Heating and Air installs the following Air Conditioning systems:
- Trane Air Conditioners
- Lennox Air Conditioners
- Rheem Air Conditioners
- Carrier Air Conditioners
- Amana Air Conditioners
- American Standard Air Conditioners
Do I Need to Replace My Air Conditioner?
Generally, three main factors determine whether you should replace or upgrade your current air conditioner:
- Current working condition. If your system breaks down often or has not been maintained well, then it may be time for a new one.
- Efficiency. If your unit is not working efficiently or effectively or if you’d like a newer unit with a higher efficiency rating, then you should consider purchasing a new system. New Air Conditioner systems have higher efficiency levels, which means you might be able to recover your investment in a few short years thanks to savings on energy bills and repairs.
- Life expectancy. Most air conditioners last for about 8 years, but the local climate wears out most units more quickly. After this time, you’ll notice more frequent breakdowns and less efficiency, resulting in higher utility and repair bills and a less comfortable indoor environment.
Being able to foresee the need to replace your air conditioner can save you a lot of headaches. By being mindful of the conditions mentioned above, you can hopefully gain some insight as to when you may need to replace your air conditioner, which will give you a head start in searching for a new unit. This way, you’ll have sufficient time to research the type of air conditioner and features you want, rather than feeling forced into making a quick decision when your air conditioner dies in the heat of summer.
If you need to replace your air conditioner, our knowledgeable professionals will help you select the right air conditioner size and rating for your home or business. We’ll install it properly and quickly so you can benefit from years of comfort, savings, and peace of mind.
Choosing the right air conditioning technician to perform your installation is critical. A skilled air conditioner installer will know just how to perform an installation of any make or model of equipment. If air conditioners are not installed properly, you will not see the expected performance or energy savings from your new unit. Improper installation can also stress the system and its components, causing premature breakdowns and comfort problems.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How long does it take to replace an HVAC?
A full HVAC system replacement will generally take about three days; one day for the changeoutand two days for the ductwork. More extensive ductwork could take three to four days.
2. Can I replace my ownAC unit?
No, you cannot replace your AC unit yourself. It takes an experienced HVAC professional toensure you get the right size unit for the size of your house, and the electrical components thatgo into installing an AC unit add an increased level of risk to theprocess.
3. When should you replace your AC?
Ideally, you should only have to replace your AC every 10 to 15 years, but as with all mechanicalequipment, ACs can wear out sooner than their expected lifespan.
4. How do I know if my AC is broken?
You know if your AC is broken if one or more of the following occur: your AC is blowing warm airand the temperatures keep rising; your AC won’t turn on; your utility bills have increased by asignificant amount; your hear strange noises coming from the AC, such as knocking or hissing; oryou see water dripping from the unit or condensation around it.
As a local family-owned business for over 30 years, All Service Heating and Air has earned a premier reputation by putting the customer’s needs first.
Our goal is to provide homeowners and businesses with the finest heating and cooling systems available at a reasonable cost. For reliable, courteous service in the Plano, Dallas, Leonard, Richardson, and surrounding Texas areas, call our office today to book a service call. We’re here to serve you!