Air Conditioner Maintenance in Plano, TX
For expert HVAC service, you can count on All Service Heating and Air. We provide personalized, high-quality air conditioning maintenance service to residents and businesses in Plano, Dallas, and the surrounding Texas areas.
Hot, humid Dallas summers take a toll on air conditioners. Without regular maintenance, the average air conditioner loses about 5% of its original efficiency each year. To maintain your system’s original SEER rating and make sure your air conditioning system won’t break down when you need it most, All Service Heating and Air can perform tune-ups and inspections twice a year. By cleaning your system and addressing potential issues early, you’ll help your unit operate at peak efficiency, reduce your repair costs, lower your energy bills, and extend your system’s lifespan. Plus, some warranties are voided if you skip preventive maintenance!
What Does an Air Conditioner Maintenance Visit Include?
Our trained specialists have experience with a wide range of brands and types of air conditioners. Our preventive maintenance strategy covers the following:
- Check for proper refrigerant (Freon) levels
- Test electrical components and controls
- Check evaporator coils
- Clean condenser coils
- Lubricate motors and other moving parts
- Calibrate thermostat
- Inspect condenser
- Check and clean filters; replace up to 1-inch filters as needed
- Check belts for tension and alignment
- Check operating pressures and temperatures
- 21 point inspection based on manufacturer’s recommendations
Basic Tips for Homeowners
- Before turning on your unit, make sure the condensing unit located outside is not covered up. This unit needs to draw air into the system to have something to cool and blow into the house, but the process will be hindered if it cannot pull enough outside air.
- Clean obvious obstructions such as newspaper, leaves, etc. from around the exterior of the unit.
- A thoroughly cleaned air conditioning unit will operate at top efficiency. Homeowners are strongly discouraged from using a hose and water to try to clean it themselves because of the very serious risk of electrical shock and possible shorting of electrical components. You should contact your licensed HVAC professional.
- Change the filters regularly. Dirty filters restrict airflow, which reduces efficiency. In the worst case, it can cause the evaporator to ice up. Disposable fiberglass filters should be replaced. Electrostatic or electronic filters need to be regularly washed.
- Be sure all access panels are secure, with the screws in place.
- Be sure the thermostat is set in the cooling mode. Just setting the dial below room temperature will not activate the air conditioning if it is set in the heat mode or turned off.
Changing your air filter is a maintenance step you should be performing on a regular basis. Standard filters need to be changed approximately every three months. If you are using a high-efficiency filter, you may be able to wait longer between filter changes; check the manufacturer’s recommendations for instructions on when to replace your filter. During periods of high system use, such as during the summer, it’s a good idea to check your filter more frequently and replace it more often if you find it is necessary.
Did you know that air conditioning equipment manufacturers recommend annual maintenance for your unit? Air conditioner maintenance is essential to maintaining efficiency and performance of the system. If you neglect to schedule your professional air conditioner maintenance each year, you could risk doing damage to your system and even voiding equipment warranties, as some may require proper maintenance as a condition of the warranty term.
As a local family-owned business for over 30 years, All Service Heating and Air has earned a premier reputation by putting the customer’s needs first.
Our goal is to provide homeowners and businesses with the finest heating and cooling systems available at a reasonable cost. For reliable, courteous service in the Plano, Dallas, and surrounding Texas areas, call our office today to book a service call. We’re here to serve you!